Archive for June, 2012
"I've Been Working on the Railroad" - The Conductors FREE PRESENTATION: APPEALING YOUR PROPERTY TAXES! Just in case you (like myself) recently opened your 2013-2014 property tax bill and nearly fell over, there could be some help on the horizon! My company, Real Estate Resource, along with an organization of other professional, independent Brokerages are coming together to provide you with an opportunity to possibly reduce your higher property taxes. We are organizing this event to offer high value service to our most valuable asset: YOU! You are invited to join us for light refreshm… Read More
"Help" - The Beatles The Portland MCC is a direct federal income tax credit that reduces the federal income taxes of a qualified borrower ($1 tax credit = -$1 fed. taxes) This is not considered a down payment assistance program. However there are income limits: $68,300 for a household of 1-2 persons, and $78,545 for a household of 3 or more. Homebuyer education is required. 20% of the annual mortgage interest paid as a federal income tax credit. The remaining 80% continues to qualify as an itemized deduction. For instance: Here's an example: … Read More
What Will Retirement Look Like for YOU??? If You Think You’re Too Young to Think About It…Think Again!
B-52's - "Song for a Future Generation" The closer I get to what could be perceived as "the age of retirement" the further I get from the desire. This, too, could change. I know I'm one of the lucky ones! I actually love my job (most days), need to be useful to be vital and usually enjoy my "work-a-day world"! So, why retire? HEALTH: Your first line of defense is your health. Well, there's that old adage that "sh#! happens" so being prepared (as any good girl scout knows) is paramount! I've always been blessed with the knowledge that my "health is my greatest wealth". I… Read More
Reel Big Fish - Sell Out Lots of investors are in the real estate market (for obvious reasons). There's considerable cash liquidity out there and people looking for a place to shelter their money and/or leverage their money. So, if you want to sell an investment property, there are several things to keep in mind. The first thing to keep in mind, is that the tenant is legally entitled to at least 24 hours notice before the property is shown to a prospective buyer. You must let them know you're coming! Can your new buyer require the renter to move out? And, how much notice is re… Read More